About the University
Bangor University is a university in Bangor, Wales. It received its Royal Charter in 1885 and was one of the founding institutions of the federal University of Wales.
About the Scholarship
Applications are open for Vice-Chancellor Scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught Courses at Bangor University, UK.
- The Vice-Chancellor scholarship is for outstanding international applicants, so the applicants must have achieved;
|Undergraduate||Grades equivalent of GCE A-level A grade students|
|Postgraduate||Equivalent of a UK 1st class Bachelors degree|
- Candidates who are fully sponsored by a third party will not be entitled to these Scholarships.
- The above scholarships are not open to UK/EU applicants.
- The above scholarships are available for full-time on-campus courses only.
- All scholarships will be awarded entirely at the University’s discretion.
|Undergraduate||Valued at 50% of the Tuition Fee for Year 1, and up to £3,000 per year for Year 2 & 3*|
|Postgraduate||Valued at 50% of the Tuition Fee|
*Note: Undergraduate students may continue to receive the scholarship in Years 2 and 3, subject to achieving a minimum overall grade of 70% or above at the end of Year 1 and 2.
Important Conditions (for all scholarship winners)
- Half of the scholarship amount will be offered in the form of a reduction in tuition fees and the remaining half as a contribution towards the cost of University-managed accommodation. Students not taking up a place in university-managed accommodation will forfeit 50% of the scholarship (except in exceptional circumstances where university accommodation would not be a suitable option).
- Recipients will be expected to become scholarship ambassadors, contributing to University promotion both as students and in later years as alumni.
How to Apply?
- Complete the Vice-Chancellor scholarship application form.
- Email the completed application form along with a copy of your offer letter from Bangor University to Kerry Marie Jones at kerry.jones[at]bangor.ac.uk by the 1 May 2020.
- Eligible applications will be forwarded to the concerned academic department to make a decision, and successful candidates will be informed in May 2020.
- Scholarship winners will be required to pay a deposit amount of £2,000 within two weeks in order to confirm their acceptance of the scholarship.
May 1, 2020