Applications are now invited from meritorious and bright candidates for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program 2021.
The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning.
Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering, and health.
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/ or engineering research
- Social sciences and humanities research
- Valued at $50,000 (Rs. 27,76,450.50 approx.) per year for three years during doctoral studies
- Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually
- A total of up to 500 scholarships are active at any time.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
- be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint graduate research program such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/ Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component).
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate research program such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D.) studies and research at the nominating institution; For joint graduate research program, only the Ph.D. portion of a joint graduate research program is eligible for funding.
- Have completed no more than 20 months of full-time study in their doctoral program as of May 1, 2021;
- Have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program, by May 1st, 2021 if enrolled in a joint graduate research program, e.g., MD/Ph.D., MA/ Ph.D., DVM/ Ph.D.
Eligibility of Program of Study
- An eligible doctoral program must include a significant research component that leads to the completion of a thesis, major research project, dissertation, scholarly publication, performance, recital, and/ or exhibit that is merit/expert-reviewed at the institutional level as a requirement for completion of the program.
- Joint graduate research programs with a professional degree (e.g., MD/Ph.D., DVM/ Ph.D., JD/ Ph.D.) as well as clinically-oriented programs of study, including clinical psychology, are also eligible programs if they have a significant autonomous research component, as described above.
Without exception, the Vanier CGS is tenable only at the eligible Canadian institution that submitted the nomination.
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here.
Those wishing to apply for a Vanier CGS should verify that the institution to which they are applying for doctoral studies has a Vanier CGS quota. They must then inform the institution that they wish to be considered for a Vanier CGS.
The last date to apply is November 4, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.