Applications are invited from eligible school students for the Vahani Scholarship 2021.
About Vahani Scholarship
Vahani Scholarship is a non-profit organisation that recognises the importance of opening doors for the exceptionally brilliant underprivileged children in India. Their mission is to send Indian students who come from extenuating circumstances to the top universities across India. They take a two-pronged approach: full financial support combined with holistic development.
Universities covered under scholarship are:
- All top Government Universities or Government Recognised Universities/Colleges. In addition, the scholarship on very rare cases supports some exceptional Private Universities.
- The selected scholars are counselled during their admission process to identify the best course and college suitable for them.
- The scholars need to verify and get approval from the Vahani Scholarship Board before seeking admission in any university/college.
Who can Apply?
The scholarship is open for students studying in the 12th grade and who will appear for the Board Examination next year, who have scored 85% or above in 10th and 11th Board Examinations and are applying for an undergraduate degree in India.
It is a merit cum mean scholarship, the applicant’s family annual income should be less than 1.5 lac per annum. The applicant should have scored 85% or above in the 11th standard and 10th Board Examination.
- Vahani Scholarship will support the scholar’s full tuition fee for the entire duration of the course.
- The scholar receives a fixed stipend as travel allowance, College Text books, hostel/PG rent, in case the scholar moves out and food.
- In addition, the scholar receives a stipend to purchase a laptop and fully covered return journey back and forth from home once in a year.
- Applications will be selected on the basis of academic excellence, consistency, quality of the application and economic hardship.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview with the guardian at the beginning of January.
- Selected candidates will be notified by the end of January.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship through this link.
Shortlisted candidates are required to attend the personal interviews along with one guardian in Delhi and The travel expense is reimbursed. However, if the shortlisted candidate is not able to attend the interview, there are provisions for interviews through telephone or video conference.
At the time of the interview the following documents are required:
- Original 10th and 11th Marksheet
- Original income cerificate issued that year
- Original certificates (those mentioned in the form by the applicant)
- 2 passport size photos
December 1, 2021
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: