Applications are invited for UX Designer Internship Opportunity at Microsoft India for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Microsoft India (R&D) Private Limited, a subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation, set up Microsoft India Development Center (MSIDC) at Hyderabad in 1998. Over the course of the past 17 plus years, we have expanded to become one of Microsoft Corporation’s largest R&D centers outside its headquarters in Redmond.
MSIDC is a part of Microsoft Corporation’s strategy of global shared development, where teams across geographies collaborate to build great software and services. Our development teams are aligned to four engineering groups at Microsoft Corporation—Application and Services (ASG), Cloud and Enterprise (C&E), Microsoft Business Solutions (MBS) and Operating System (OS). Our engineers in MSIDC contribute to the engineering of critical and important technologies in the above areas, thereby impacting millions of lives.
- B.Tech / M.Tech / MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with minimum 6/10 CGPA.
- A command of a wide range of tools and methods, and the ability to communicate ideas quickly and interactively are essential.
- In this role, concepts will be illustrated through sketches, mock-ups, wireframes, and rapid prototypes.
- A passion for our customers and creating great product experiences is a must!
- All candidates must send a portfolio or work samples along with their inquiries. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
- Drive the design of our products from initial concept through to final implementation.
- Design something ridiculously blue-sky OR something immediately implementable.
- Lay it on the line by owning the success or failure of the User Experience.
- Understand how to evangelize and use research to drive design decisions.
- Function in a diverse, friendly and highly technical environment.
- Keep their cool when working with many diverse stakeholders.
- Negotiate for the best UX without being dogmatic.
- Juggle ambiguity without drowning in it.
- Communicate, specify and describe their designs to researchers, developers, testers, PMs, senior leadership and other designers without ambiguity and within deadlines.
- Projects usually start from scratch and require both conceptual and detailed design thinking. This means defining user goals, scenarios, benefits, and flows as well as conceptual designs and prototypes. Typically, these designs are holistic in nature, focusing on the end-to-end experience more than any specific feature(s).
You may also be interested in: