About the Fellowship
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, which is a Fulbright program, brings accomplished young and mid-career professionals from developing countries to the United States for ten months of non-degree graduate study and related practical professional experiences. The Humphrey program was initiated in 1978 to honor the memory and accomplishments of the late Senator and Vice-President of the United States, Hubert H. Humphrey.
The program is designed to meet the requirements of policy makers, planners, administrators, and managers in the government, public and private sectors, and non-governmental organizations, who have a public service commitment, demonstrated leadership potential, and commitment to their own country’s development.
The fellowships are awarded in the fields of
- Agricultural and Rural Development;
- Economic Development; Educational Administration, Planning and Policy;
- Finance and Banking;
- Higher Education Administration;
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention;
- Human Resource Management;
- Law and Human Rights;
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change;
- Public Health Policy and Management;
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration; Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention;
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (Teacher Training or Curriculum Development);
- Technology Policy and Management;
- Trafficking in Persons, Policy and Prevention;
- Urban and Regional Planning.
In case of ‘Teaching of English as a Foreign Language,’ applications are invited from curriculum specialists and teacher trainers who work in teacher training institutes, public or private organizations concerned with English language teaching and development. Applications from all the listed fields are welcome. Qualified women and candidates from minority and disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
In addition to the General Prerequisites the applicant must:
- must have a master’s degree or a professional degree of at least four years’ duration;
- must have at least five years of substantial professional experience prior to August 2021 in the respective field, and be eligible for leave;
- have demonstrated leadership qualities;
- have a record of public service in the community; and
- must give an undertaking to return to India on completion of the fellowship.
How to Apply?
The completed application form must be sent to humphrey[at]usief.org.in by the application deadline.
May 15, 2020