The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) is currently inviting applications for its Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowship with an aim to provide Indian faculty, researchers, and professionals the opportunity to teach, conduct research, or carry out a combination of lecturing and research at a U.S. institution.
Depending on the U.S. host institution, it is likely that the grantee may contribute towards developing curriculum and conducting workshops and seminars. These fellowships are for four to nine months.
- Visual Arts;
- Women’s and Gender Studies
- Agricultural Sciences;
- Climate Change Sciences;
- Education Policy and Planning;
- Energy Studies;
- International Law;
- International Security and Strategic Studies;
- Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications);
- Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics);
- Mathematical Sciences;
- Performing Arts;
- Physical Sciences;
- Public Health;
- Public Policy;
- Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management);
- The fellowships provide a J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air ticket (two round-trip economy class air tickets for Flex), a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance.
- Subject to availability of funds, in case of grantees on eight or nine month grants, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80% of the grant period. Flex grantees are not eligible for dependent benefits.
- Faculty/researchers should have a Ph.D. degree or equivalent published work with at least five years of relevant teaching/research experience;
- professionals outside academe should have a master’s degree or equivalent published work with recognized professional standing and at least five years relevant experience;
- Applicant should upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) in their online application; and
- If employed, at the time of submitting the application, please follow the instructions carefully regarding Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. Please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the Letter of Support from Home Institution. Applicant can download the Letter of Support from Home Institution from the USIEF website.
Applications must be submitted along with the requisite documents here.
Deadline: July 16
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Tel.: +91-11-4209-0909/2332-8944
- Fax: +91-11-2332-9718