The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) is inviting applications for the Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP) 2021.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) is the nodal Ministry responsible for coordinating urban development functions at the national level. The Ministry supervises the implementation of flagship programs like the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana -Urban (PMAY-U), Swachh Bharat Mission -Urban (SBM-U), National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM), Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) and Smart Cities Mission (SCM) among others.
About the Internship Program
MoHUA is launching ‘The Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP)’ with the intention to match opportunities in ULBs and smart cities with learning needs of fresh graduates.
The program intends to fulfil the twin goals of providing hands-on learning experience to fresh graduates as well as benefitting States, ULBs and smart cities with infusion of fresh energy and ideas to solve critical challenges. With this initiative, urban India will be able to harness its demographic dividend as the country attempts to leapfrog into a 5 trillion-dollar economy.
To provide a platform for:
- Short-term exposure to fresh graduates to enhance their professional development through experiential learning with ULBs and smart cities.
- Harnessing fresh energy and ideas towards ULBs and smart cities endeavours to solve critical challenges.
- Open only to Indian citizens
- Graduates/Post-graduates/Diploma/PG Diploma/Advanced Diploma students who have completed their course are eligible to apply.
- In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, following relaxations will be provided until 30th September, 2021:
- Applicable only to graduates: Not more than 36 months should have passed from the date of declaration of final year results to the date from which the internship is sought.
- Candidates whose final year results are awaited due to Covid-19 are also eligible to apply. However, the release of their internship certificates will be subject to production of education certificate(s)/ degree to their respective ULBs/Smart Cities/Parastatal authorities.
The duration of the internship will be a minimum of 8 weeks up to 1 year.
Terms of Engagement
- Leave policy – The ULBs/SCs are advised to formulate their own leave policies for the intern.
- Further, the ULBs and smart cities are advised to ensure compliance with national, state/UT and local statutes/guidelines regarding workplace standards and safety, prevention of sexual harassment. (Vishakha Guidelines), access to sanitary facilities and other norms as applicable according to the law of the land.
Stipend and other Allowances
- Amount of stipend/subsistence allowance/expenses would be payable at the discretion of the ULB/ smart city and there shall be no liability of providing any employment on the ULB or smart city, whatsoever.
- A digitally signed and shareable certificate regarding successful completion of internship shall be issued jointly by MoHUA, State Government, AICTE and the ULB/smart city.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the internship program through this link.
- Application may contain a recommendation from the competent authority of the concerned academic institution where the candidate has pursued her/his studies.
- Applicant may be required to submit a synopsis on urban issues in (not more than 1,000 words) along with his/her application. Synopsis should broadly cover a brief about the applicant’s areas of interest, proposed area of work and objectives for undertaking the internship.
- An engagement format (including a week-long orientation program) shall be outlined between the ULB / smart city and the intern on aspects of learning during the internship period aligned with the tasks assigned. This shall ensure that the intern is ‘learning while doing’ and not engaged in any unskilled tasks.
- The intern will be eligible for an internship certificate only upon successful completion of the internship period, which may be relaxed, but not lesser than 8 weeks, as per discretion of the ULB or smart city under special circumstances.
- Dispute of any kind arising between the ULB /smart city and the intern should be resolved amicably through grievance redressal channels or as per law of land at the level of incidence, and neither MoHUA nor AICTE will be liable or a party to that dispute.
- The interns shall be required to maintain confidentiality of all the documents/reports, or any information received by him/her during his/her internship period. The interns shall not reveal to any person or organisation any information relating to the ULB or smart city, its work and policies. The interns may also be required to sign a confidentiality agreement mentioning appropriate terms and prior to the commencement of the internship.
- Notice period of one week will have to be given prior to leaving the internship and the intern shall not leave the internship without being relieved by the ULB/smart city.
- This internship is neither a job nor an assurance of a job in the ULB/ Smart City.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For more details, click the link below.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: