About Urban Fellows Programme 2019:
The Urban Fellows Programme (UFP) 2019 is a tuition-free, nine-month, full-time, inter-disciplinary fellowship based at the IIHS City Campus in Bengaluru. It seeks to combine classroom-based teaching, site-based applied learning, work in live projects, and external internships to introduce the Fellows to diverse forms of urban practice.
It is open to recent graduates and young professionals from varied educational backgrounds or practice domains. Through the UFP, Fellows will:
- Understand issues of urbanisation in India and the global south from multiple disciplinary perspectives.
- Learn from practice as a young professional seeking to enter the urban sector.
- Develop skills necessary to analyze, understand, and identify key urban issues in India.
- Build a foundation from which to design inter-disciplinary urban interventions.
- Network with diverse global, national, and local thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and change makers.
- Learn from a diverse and experienced faculty who bring together theory and practice.
- Ideal applicants will have a Bachelors Degree in any subject or discipline and their age should not exceed 30 years at the time of the UFP’s commencement. Therefore applicants should be born on or after 1 August 1989.
- The Fellowship will consider non-degree training and certification programmes completed after 10+2 schooling. Applicants without any formal education after their 10+2 may also apply, especially if they have experience of formal or informal work in urban sectors.
- All candidates must have basic proficiency in reading English. There is support available for candidates with limited speaking ability in English and they are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be Indian citizens.
Fees and Costs:
Tuition fee for the UFP 2019-20 costs is Rs 1.25 lacs for the entire programme, payable in three installments over the year. There is a 10% discount for those making a single payment at the beginning of the programme.
This fee includes all costs of travel for the UFP on exposure visits as well as expenditure on local and inter-city travel for UFP practica and applied projects.
In addition to scholarships that cover tuition fees, there are a limited number of stipends available to cover daily living expenses for candidates with significant financial need. Applicants wishing to be considered for this will have a chance to indicate so in the admission forms.
UFP guarantees a two-month internship for all Fellows in order to facilitate the transition from classroom learning to the complex world of work and practice.
Internships will be oﬀered in government departments and public institutions, private ﬁrms and practices, social movements, non-governmental organizations, research think-tanks, development sector organizations and planning, and design ﬁrms, among others.
- Applications open: 18th March 2019.
- Applications close: 18th April 2019 (Monday 18:00 hrs, IST).
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to set up interview times and dates by Third Week of May 2019.
- Selected and waitlisted candidates will be informed by the end of June 2019.
Apply online at this link.
Mobile: +91 99012 55788, 96064 84336