Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the UPSC Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination 2022.
About UPSC Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination 2022
Candidates applying for indian forest service examination should note that they are required to appear in the civil services (preliminary) examinaton and qualify the same for going to the second stage of indian forest service (main) examination (written and interview).
Candidates desirous of applyng for indian forest service examination as well as for civil services examination can apply through a common online application form subject to meeting the requisite eligibility criteria by them.
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Screening Test for selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2022 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2022 which will be held on 05th June, 2022, in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change in the Gazette of India dated the 02nd February, 2022.
A candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
AGE LIMITS: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August, 2022, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1990 and not later than 1st August, 2001.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: A candidate must hold:
- a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or
- a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or
- other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit card.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the examination through this link.
Feb 22, 2022