Submissions are open for Upbhokta Sanrakshan Chunauti 2021 by Dept of Consumer Affairs. The last date of registration is 2 November 2021.
The Department of Consumer Affairs is one of the two Departments under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution. The Department has the mandate to Protect Consumer Rights, create Consumer Awareness and resolve Consumer Grievances within the ambit of Consumer Protection Act 2019.
With an objective to recognize the best such Indian solutions, Department of Consumer Affairs (DoCA), Government of India, invites applications from individuals/companies/organizations for an Innovation Challenge.
In the pursuit of the visions of the Department towards better Consumer protection, the Department has thought of inviting innovative ideas that could be implemented through technology from young brains of the country. The Department has identified two key areas wherein participants can compete to give in total solutions for the problem statements.
- All Indian Citizens/companies/organizations are eligible
- Organisations or Entities must be registered in India
- For the product to be developed as part of the Challenge, if any IPR/Patent is being used, the contesting entity must possess the legitimate rights to use the IPR/Patents.
- The product to be developed for the Challenge should be designed and developed in India.
- Registration on MyGov Portal
- All Participants have to register on MyGov Portal
- Post Registration a mail will be sent to the registered Email ID of participants confirming their MyGov Registration
- After registering on MyGov Portal, User can participate in the challenge
- Post – Registration1. Participate and Submit Ideation Stage
- The individual/Company representatives can now click on the Participate Button.
- The individual/Company representatives can now upload details and information in the portal.2. Final Stage
- The top ten (10) teams enter the final stage
- The teams shall develop the PoC and present to the jury
Stage 1: Program Launch and Registration
The Program commences on 11th October 2021. Registration is open till 02nd November 2021. Participants from across academia, industry and individuals are eligible to register to apply for the challenge.
Stage 2: Ideation Stage
The intent of this stage is to invite participants to propose innovative digital solutions.
At the Ideation Stage, 10 entries will be selected based on the following parameters:
- Relevance to the subject matter
- Impact on society i.e. how helpful is the solution to the Consumers of the Country.
The selected entries will be given a grant of INR 20,000 each to develop the Proof of Concept (POC) of their idea. Mentors will also be assigned to the selected concept to help develop the idea.
The ideas will be evaluated and top Ten (10) teams will be selected to be groomed to build the PoC.
Stage 3: POC Stage
Based on the POC, the solutions submitted will again be evaluated on the following parameters:
- Ease of deployment/roll-out
- Potential risks involved in implementation of the solution
Based on the evaluation, 2 entries will be selected for a reward of INR 50,000 each for final development and rollout.
|1||Launch of Innovation Challenge||11th October 2021|
|2||Last Date for Registration||02nd November 2021|
|3||Last Date for Idea Submission||02nd November 2021|
|4||Declaration of Teams Shortlisted for Presentation||To be Announced to Shortlisted Participants|
|5||Presentation by Shortlisted Teams||To be Announced to Shortlisted Participants|
|6||Declaration of results of Stage I||To be Announced to Shortlisted Participants|
|7||Submission of Final Entry||To be Announced to Shortlisted Participants|
|8||Presentation of Top 10 Teams||To be Announced to Shortlisted Participants|
|9||Declaration of Results||To be Announced to Shortlisted Participants|
|10||Award Ceremony*(If any)||To be Announced to Shortlisted Participants|
- Step I: First Level Quality Check & Review by Organizing Team
- Assess compliance to Eligibility Criteria of participating individual/Organisation
- Assess quality and completeness of the responses provided in the respective nomination forms
- Step II: Assessment & Screening Second Level
- Conduct Detailed Assessment of submitted ideas
- Score Submitted Ideas out of 100 on each Evaluation Parameter
- Shortlist entries for presentation
- Step III: Presentation and Short listing Entries for Final Stage
- Conduct presentation for selection of 10 winners
- Score Submitted Ideas out of 100 on each Evaluation Parameter and Presentations
- Step IV: Analysis of POC submitted by 10 entries selected for commercial use by jury
Awards & Outcome
- The selected entrepreneurs in the IDEATION Stage will be given a grant of INR 20,000 each to develop the Proof of Concept (POC) of their idea. Mentors will also be assigned to the entrepreneurs(?) to help develop the idea.
- In the final Stage/PoC Stage, 2 entries will be selected for a reward of INR 50,000 each by the Department, for final development and rollout.
- All the selected entries will be provided with a certificate of appreciation from MyGov and DoCA.
Click here to view the official notification of Upbhokta Sanrakshan Chunauti 2021 by Dept of Consumer Affairs.
You may also be interested in: