The Government of Uttar Pradesh, under the guidelines of Government of India, has introduced Pre-matric and Post-matric scholarship schemes for SC/ST/OBC and General category students. The core objective of the scheme is to reduce the drop-out rate of students from schools or colleges.
To be eligible for the scholarship a candidate needs to fulfill the following eligibility conditions-
- Must be studying in any of the following groups-
1) Class 1 to 10
2) Class 10 to 12
3) ITI, Engineering, Polytechnic, Medical, Management, Nursing, BA, B.Com, M.Sc. MA etc.
- The annual income of parents/guardians from all the sources for SC/ST and general candidates lying in BPL category must not exceed INR 1 Lakh.
- The annual income of parents/guardians from all the sources for SC/STs must not exceed INR 30000/-(Thirty Thousand)
- The annual income of parents/guardians from all the sources must not exceed INR 25546/- in urban areas and INR 19884/- in rural areas for general category candidates.
How to Apply?
The candidates need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the scholarship –
Step 1: Visit the official website of UP Government’s scholarship and fee reimbursement.
Step 2: Click on Student and then New Registration.
Step 3: Choose the respective scholarship to apply for.
Step 4: Fill in the required details including email and generate a password for future login.
Step 5: Final submit the registration form.
Step 6: Once registered, the candidates need to log in with the help of email id and password to fulfill further application formalities.
Step 7: Upload all necessary documents.
Step 8: Finally submit the duly filled application form.
September 28, 2017.
Social Welfare Department Toll Free No. 18004190001
Backward Class Welfare Department Toll Free No. 18001805131
Minority Welfare Department Toll Free No. 18001805229