Applications are now open for the UNWTO Sustainable Development Goals Global Startup Competition 2020.
Dive into the world’s largest call to reach the most disruptive startups that directly contribute to accelerating the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Led by the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the UN agency responsible for promoting sustainable, accessible, and inclusive tourism, this Competition aims to encourage the global innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem to embrace sustainability and to deliver impact during the United Nations Decade of Action starting this year.
This Competition features 17 categories, each one representing a Sustainable Development Goal. Each participating startup should select the SDG in which can generate the greatest impact.
Benefits for winning startups include but are not limited to:
- Pitch at a UNWTO Demo Day
- Curated mentorship program including one-on-one and in-group sessions focused on Intellectual Property (IP), sustainability, business and leadership
- Access to technological support
- Connection to the UNWTO Innovation Network
- Potential pilot project with private-sector collaborators and institutions.
Startups from all walks of life, from all over the world and all economic sectors are invited to participate. They must meet the following criteria:
- Be innovative in nature providing value-added solutions
- Be sustainability-driven
- Be scalable: to have the potential for international growth and potential to be applied in corporations and destinations (countries, regions)
- Be an Early Stage or Series A startup
- Have a tested pilot and business plan
- Have been accelerated before
- Have a full-time team
All ways of innovation are welcome: new methods, processes, governance models, social impact initiatives, and technologies.
Participating startups will be assessed according to their:
- Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Ease of value capture via collaboration with the startup
- Potential business impact
- Maturity of the product/technology
- Maturity of the team and the organization
- Partnership readiness
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is September 20, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in StartupXs COVID-19 Response Fund 2020 for Startups & Social Enterprises [Win Upto Rs. 76k]: Apply by July 31.