Applications are invited for the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UNSDSN) Global Schools Advocates Program 2021.
Call for Teachers
Global Schools launches its call for the third cohort of the Global Schools Advocates Program to build the capacity of primary and secondary school teachers to integrate sustainability in school communities.
The Global Schools, an initiative of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UNSDSN), is launching another call for Global Schools Advocates to build the capacity of educators to integrate Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in classrooms and schools.
All primary and secondary teachers worldwide are invited to apply, including the 45,000+ teachers already in the Global Schools network of 1,000+ schools in 80+ countries.
Selected teachers will be invited to undergo a free online training course on the SDGs and Education for Sustainable Development, where they will learn about the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the SDGs, the role of schools and educators in achieving the SDGs, and how to incorporate these topics in lesson plans and school activities.
After completing the course, the Global Schools Program will support teachers by giving them free resources to assist them in building a long-term school strategy and implementing ESD in their classroom and school community.
The Advocates Program will allow teachers to act as action planners and connectors within their school communities to bring the SDGs and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) within school lesson plans, activities, curriculum, and operations.
- Teach at any primary or secondary school worldwide (teachers employed through volunteering programs such as UN Volunteers, Fulbright, Teach for All, etc. are also eligible).
- Possess a high level of English to complete the Advocates Training and engage with the global network.
- Commit a minimum of 5 hours per week for this role.
- Free training course on the SDGs and Education for Sustainable Development;
- Ability to join an incredible network of like-minded teachers working to implement activities and lessons on the SDGs within their classrooms;
- Opportunity to serve as a Mentor Advocate for future cohorts;
- Certificate of Completion granted after the completion of the entire program;
- Monthly online professional development workshops and conversations with experts on the SDGs and education.
- Ability to act as a leader in your community and school by developing a long-term plan of ESD integration;
- Recognizable title as a Global Schools Advocate for the UN SDSN.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.