Applications are open for the United Nations Office for SouthSouth Cooperation (UNOSSC) Communications/ Knowledge Management and Reporting Internship 2020.
The UNOSSC internship program provides professional enrichment for young professionals, enhancing their leadership and professional skills as well as broadening their global perspectives.
The Communications/ Knowledge Management and Reporting Intern will be responsible for supporting the development of high impact communications materials for all streams of the Office’s work including South-South Galaxy, South-South Global Thinkers, Youth4South, Cities Project, IBSA Fund, India-UN Development Partnership Fund, Policy, Environmental Sustainability and Climate Action on SSC and other initiatives.
The selected intern will
- Support drafting reports, program results, outputs, and outcomes.
- Produce communication materials to highlight the achievements of UNOSSC across all of its projects and programs.
- Support knowledge management through UNOSSC’s online platforms.
- Assist in providing research support on SSC and TrC.
- Draft knowledge and advocacy products e.g. background documents, briefs, speeches, presentations, and other communication materials related to SSC and TrC.
- Provide coordination support to the Directorate to ensure efficient internal communications.
- Support online communication through UNOSSC social media channels.
- Provide logistical support to UNOSSC events.
- Assist in identifying opportunities and contribute to resource mobilization for SSC/ TrC.
- Provide other ad hoc support as required.
Qualified/ suitable intern from the field of communication for development, journalism, communications, sustainable development, social science, or related field. Applicants to the UNDP internship program must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree program (such as a master’s program, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Experience in communications required;
- Familiar with international development/ relations desirable;
- Familiarity with the UN system in general and/ or with South-South development cooperation, in particular, is an asset.
- Proficiency in English;
- Knowledge of one of the other five official languages of the UN (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) would be an asset.
How to Apply?
Only a successful candidate will be required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent resume or curriculum vitae;
- A letter from his/her university confirming current enrollment and graduation date;
- A copy of his/her school transcript;
- A letter of recommendation from a professor;
- A signed UNDP Internship Agreement;
- A Medical Certificate of Good Health;
- Proof of medical insurance including provision for medical evacuation and removal of mortal remains or life insurance;
- Copy of passport and working visa for the United States.
To apply online, click here.
For official notification, click the link below.