Based in the New York, the UNOPS Development Group Cluster supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. For example, within the United Nations Development Programme, the Cluster works with the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support and the Office of South-South Cooperation.
The cluster also supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations in the delivery of project management and implementation services.
Bachelor’s Degree, graduated within three years prior to the application date of the internship
- Relevant experience in communications
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and experience in developing different types of content for different audiences and mediums
- Strong graphic design and layout skills, including familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Adobe Lightroom and/or Adobe After Effects would be a plus
- Basic HTML knowledge required
- Experience with WordPress is necessary
- Experience with other Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal) is a bonus
- Ability to work independently on a number of separate, simultaneous tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong research skills and proficiency in drawing relevant information from technical content
- Full command of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Plugged into the social media landscape
- Interested in global media and global migration
- A good understanding of the UN system and commitment to the UN mission
Fluent in English and knowledge of another UN language(s) a plus
Contract duration: 3 months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details, please visit this link.