About the Challenge
The United Nations Office for Project Sevices (UNOPS) Global Innovation Challenge 2020 is open for entries. UNOPS Global Innovation Challenge brings together innovators, entrepreneurs, programmers and developers to provide the creative ideas and solutions needed to accelerate progress on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
They are calling on innovators and entrepreneurs to develop new technology solutions for creating infrastructure, networks and systems that can withstand shocks and stresses. The solutions need to demonstrate how technology – from sensors to artificial intelligence – could build climate resilience, helping societies prepare for and adapt to the challenges posed by climate change.
- This programme is open to both individuals and groups, such as business entities and other types of organizations.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Participants whose proposals are deemed to have the greatest potential to create a positive impact towards building climate change adaptation and resilience through infrastructure will be contacted by 31 August 2020, 24:00 (CET). They will also potentially be included in an innovation accelerator programme.
- Boot Camp: The top candidates from this review process will be invited to a boot camp in Kobe, Japan. All those selected should be available in person for a four-day period.
- Global Innovation Centre Incubator: Selected participants will be given the opportunity to join one of UNOPS Global Innovation Centre Incubators for a 12-month period. They will receive support to help advance their solution to the marketplace.
- Piloting: Participants with solutions that demonstrate the most potential will be given the opportunity to develop a pilot in collaboration with UNOPS, at a suitable location.
How to Apply?
Interested participants can apply for the challenge through this link.
July 31, 2020
For more details, click here.