About the University
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand. The university was established in 1964, and has an additional campus located in Tauranga.
About the Scholarship
Applications for the University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship – 2020 are open. To support excellence in postgraduate research, up to 75 University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarships will be awarded each year to high-achieving candidates applying for admission to an approved doctoral qualification at the University of Waikato.
- The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- The Scholarship is for candidates enrolling in a doctoral qualification, i.e. a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Doctor of Education (EdD), or Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD), at the University of Waikato.
- Candidates will normally be seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification.
- Candidates should normally be intending to study full-time at the University of Waikato.
The value of the Scholarship shall be:
- A living allowance of $25,000 in total every 12 months, payable in monthly instalments for up to 36 months (three years) in total.
- The living allowance is paid on a pro-rata basis for approved parttime students.
- The domestic tuition fees for enrolment in the doctoral qualification during the term of the Scholarship; and
- The Student Services Levy.
Any additional costs such as medical insurance, moving costs, and research expenses must be met by the student.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
May 31, 2020
Te Mata Kairangi School of Graduate Research
The University of Waikato
Private Bag 3105, Hamilton 3240
Phone: +64 7 858 5096
For more details, click here.