The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and support international students from low to middle income countries with demonstrated frontline experience of working on development projects. Applicants must have a stated desire and purpose to bring frontline learning to higher levels of aid organisations and development policy arenas.
Applicants must have been educationally disadvantaged as a result of their financial circumstances and wish to undertake the Master of Leadership in Global Development postgraduate coursework program.
Award value: $36,688
Applications open: 1 July 2017
Applications close: 1 September 2017
An applicant is eligible for the scholarship, if the applicant:
- Submits an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications; and
- Is an international student within the meaning of the Fee Rules; and
- Has an existing application with UQ for the MLGD and meets all entry requirements for the program – conditional on earning the MicroMasters® credential.
This scholarship was established in 2017 and is maintained by an annual co-contribution from the Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR) and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS).
The Institute for Social Science Research may award one scholarship in a year on the recommendation of the Head.
The value of the scholarship is $36,688 (indexed annually) to cover EITHER
- Full tuition fees for the MLGD program for the year for which it is held OR
- A Living Allowance, Visa application fees, a Travel & Establishment grant, Standard Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover and the UQ Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF)
The scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by:
- Demonstrated frontline experience working on development projects
- Educational disadvantage experienced as a result of financial circumstances;
- Demonstrated interest in a continued career in the development sector;
- Personal qualities, including leadership potential, community service and engagement; and
- Any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future success in the development profession
How to apply:
Successful applicants will be notified in October, conditional upon receipt of unconditional offer of admission to the MLGD program.
Applicants must complete an application form and submit this to email@example.com by the closing date.
For more details, please visit this link.