With over 40% of the world’s population now living in rural areas, there is global interest in research associated with the creation of “Smart Villages” to address the ever growing urban-rural divide. Smart Village research being undertaken in the Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning at the University of Melbourne is exploring rural community development, practices and relevant policies with a focus on community-centric planning of affordable housing, infrastructure, sustainable development and growth, community empowerment and other issues related to the creation of Smart Villages.
This will be a peer-reviewed conference with a scientific committee comprising global leaders and experts. Papers will be subject to a double-blind review before acceptance.
Call for Papers
Conference themes include, but are not limited to:
- Rural Housing:
Housing affordability, low-cost housing, materials selection, energy and water solutions, sanitation, disaster resilience and other relevant topics.
- Rural Infrastructure:
Construction and maintenance of roads and other forms of infrastructure, access to education and health care, provision of services, and other related topics.
- Rural Economy:
Building social capital, micro and community-led finance, income generation, farming support, crop selection and improvement, market access, pricing, various forms of tourism and other related topics.
Environmental, Social, and Economic sustainability.
- Smart Governance:
ICT and data-driven solutions, machine learning applications, alternative forms of governance and other relevant topics.
- Abstract should be no more than 300 words and with a clear indication of the target “Theme” and a title.
- Up to five keywords should be included at the bottom of the abstract.
- Names and affiliations of the author(s) should not be included in the Abstract file.
- For abstract submission, click here.
The registration fees are given below:
- Early Bird Registration: Rs. 10,000
- After Early Bird: Rs. 15,000
- Student Registration: Rs. 7,500
For registration, click here.
- Last Date for Abstract Submission: May 31
- Last Date for Full Paper Submission: Jul 31
- Camera Ready Paper Submission: Oct 1
For any queries, email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org