About the Scholarships:
The School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences (PPLS) is pleased to offer a number of PhD scholarships for programmes starting in the 2018/19 academic year. The scholarships are available to postgraduate students intending to study for a PhD within PPLS on either a full or part-time basis. The awards are offered on a highly competitive basis and are subject to annual renewal.
Applications are welcome from students applying to study in any of our three subject areas: Philosophy, Psychology and Linguistics & English Language (LEL)
- These scholarships are funded by the School of PPLS.
- The award provides full-time tuition fees (UK/EU or overseas level) with an annual stipend of £14,553 for three years (pro rata for part-time students)
- The successful applicant will have a very good undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and ideally will have, or will be studying for, a postgraduate masters degree (or equivalent).
- Existing doctoral researchers (i.e. those in their 1st or 2nd year of doctoral study) are not eligible for this award.
- Read further information specific to subject areas.
- Complete the application for the relevant PhD programme.
Apply to the relevant PhD program by the specified subject deadline. All complete PhD applications received by these deadlines will be considered for the scholarships. There is no additional application form, you will be automatically considered:
- PhD Philosophy: 01 December 2017
- PhD Psychology: 24 November 2017
- PhD Linguistics & English Language: 24 November 2017
Phone: +44 (0)131 651 3083