The Department of Biology is one of Copenhagen University’s biggest departments. The successful applicants will become the part of a vibrant community of 150 doctoral students studying at the Biology Department and engage in the many interesting events and activities organized by the network of Doctoral students and the Department, including the annual Ph.D. day, the biannual BIO conference, weekly research seminars, and career fairs
The Department of Biology, Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen is offering up to four fully funded PhD scholarships within the Biological Sciences commencing 1 November 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Each successful applicant will choose a supervisor at one of the 10 sections at the Department of Biology:
- Biomolecular Sciences
- Cell and Neurobiology
- Cell Biology and Physiology
- Computational and RNA Biology
- Ecology and Evolution
- Freshwater Biology
- Functional Genomics
- Marine Biology
- Terrestrial Ecology
Applicants should hold a MSc degree in biology, molecular biomedicine, biochemistry, bioinformatics or closely related field with excellent results. As criteria for the assessment of your qualifications, emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
We are seeking highly motivated and ambitious individuals with good interpersonal and communication skills. Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
The application must be written in English and be submitted electronically by clicking here.
The application should include:
- A cover letter (1-2 pages) describing your background, personal qualities, research interests and ideas for a PhD research project, and your motivation for applying for a PhD scholarship and a career in research
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Letter of recommendation from previous academic supervisor
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any), work experience, experience from abroad etc.
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees
The deadline for applications is 1 September 2019.
For any queries, contact
Department of Biology