Applications are invited for United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme 2022 on 25 April-22 May. The last date of registration is 21 April.
There are an estimated 1.8 million people today between the ages of 10 and 24, which is the largest generation of youth in human history. Their numbers are expected to grow—between 2015 and 2030 alone, about 1.9 billion young people are projected to turn 15 years old.
Connected to each other like never before, young people increasingly contribute to innovative solutions, driving social progress and inspiring political initiatives. They are agents of change, mobilizing to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet.
UNITAR is therefore delighted to offer an online training programme specifically designed for the global youth. It will offer participants the chance to gain first-hand experience of the United Nations and will provide them with the necessary knowledge and skills to fully unfold their potential as global leaders.
Content & Structure
The United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme consists of a 4-week e-Learning course. The e-learning course will be implemented on UNITAR’s e-Learning platform. It comprises 4 different modules, can be studied in a self-paced manner and requires 4-6 hours of studying per week.
- Module 1: The United Nations
- Module 2: Conference Diplomacy
- Module 3: Negotiation Skills
- Module 4: Cosmopolitan Communication
The course includes weekly reading material, multimedia files as well as discussion boards exchanging views with fellow participants and UNITAR instructors. In addition, the Young Leaders Online Training Programme will be complemented by several 1.5 hour live-webinars. These will be delivered through the platform zoom by UN experts and comprise the following topics:
- Webinar A – The United Nations System
- Webinar B – Multilateral Conferences and Diplomacy
- Webinar C – Cosmopolitan Communication
- Webinar D – The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
In addition to the above live-webinars, there will be one 3.5 hour e-workshop per week. These will focus on Leadership as well as on getting to know Geneva´s multilateral environment through virtual guided tours through the UN Palais des Nations as well as the diplomatic district of Geneva. The total number of online live-components will be 5 hours per week.
- The Young Leaders Training Programme is open to all actors related to international affairs wishing to take on leadership roles in their respective environment and to build up knowledge and skills related to the United Nations and International Geneva.
- Participants can include high school students, university students, and other aspiring young leaders of similar background. Junior professionals from public and private sector and senior officials who are young at heart are equally welcome to apply.
- In order to ensure the highest quality standards, the registration will be closed after 30 participants. Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. At the end of the programme, participants will receive a UNITAR certificate of completion.
The Young Leaders Training Programme will be run from UNITAR’s e-Learning platform, where announcements and relevant links to activities will be posted. In addition to the above-mentioned components, the platform will contain online reading material, interactive quizzes as well as pre-recorded videos, which participants are free to study anytime best for them.
The expert webinars, e-workshops, virtual guided tours and other live components will mostly be delivered through the online software Zoom. The programme is designed to be highly interactive and participatory. Online activities will include a high level of exposure to policy practitioners and diplomatic settings, thereby allowing participants to gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the United Nations.
In addition, the live components will all be offered in the afternoon Geneva time, for participants across all time-zones to be able to attend at reasonable times. The live components will also be recorded and be made available on the platform thereafter. All activities will run in the English language.
- Interested candidates can sign up via this page.
- Fee: $750.00 (Rs. 57,123)
25 Apr 2022 to 22 May 2022.
Click here to view the official details of United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme 2022.
You may also be interested in:
- Post Graduate Program in Social Entrepreneurship 2022 by Transforming India Initiative [2 Years; Stipend Rs. 16k/Month + Scholarship Available]: Apply by March 28!