The Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists in collaboration with the U.N. invites applications from professional journalists from developing countries for its 2018 fellowship program.
The fellowship program serves to maintain and expand the essential partnership between the U.N. and the media, a partnership that promotes human rights, freedom and development.
Fellowships are open to individuals who:
- currently live in and write for media in a developing country.
- are between the ages of 25 and 35.
- have a very good command of the English language since United Nations press conferences and many documents are in English only.
- are currently employed as professional journalists for print, television, radio or internet media organizations. Both full-time and freelance journalists are invited to apply.
- have approval from their media organizations to spend up to three months in New York reporting from the United Nations.
- receive a commitment from their media organizations that the reports they file during the term of the Fellowship will be used and that they will continue to be paid for their services.
- Click here for the application in Word format.
- Click here for the application in PDF format (requires Adobe Reader, free download).
An originally completed and signed application, along with all six (6) of the Documentation Requirements given here should be sent by postal or courier service (such as DHL, FedEx, Airborne) to:
Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists,
512 Northampton Street, No. 124A,
Edwardsville, PA 18704 USA.
Email id: email@example.com