About the Competition
The COVID-19 Pandemic around the world has taken the world by storm touching the lives of every human being on Earth! Bringing out the best and worst of human emotions – empathy, sympathy, kindness, concern, anger, frustration, social cohesiveness and bravery among others. People around the world have been expressing these feelings through, poetry, prose, paintings and graphics!
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) with its focus on building cultural links with countries around the world and connecting people to people through Cultural and Educational exchanges, calls on Indians and citizens of the world to express these emotions – through Art in the Time of CORONA: United against Corona- Express through Art.
Who can Participate?
The event encourages professional and amateur artists to enthusiastically participate and present their emotions, feeling, ideas and innovative thoughts on the COVID-19 pandemic, social distancing, quarantine and the fight against the virus. Entries will be in the following categories:
- Entries from India in the following categories:
- Professional Artists
- Amateur Artists
- Children & Students – Below the age of 21
- Entries from the World over in following categories:
- Foreign Professional Artists
- Amateur Artists- global Citizen
- Children & Students- Below the age of 21
This competition endeavours to showcase the best of expressions of amateur and professional artists from India and the world over. The event encourages submissions of artistic expressions in the following media:
- Paintings – on Canvas/Paper – oil, water colours, pencil, crayons
- Digital Art – Graphical Posters & Paintings
The expressions of artists are categorized into the following:
- Contemporary Art
- Folk & Tribal Art
- Cartoons & Illustrations
- Digital & New Age Art
There are lots of prizes to be won under each category. Participation from all is encouraged.
Exhibition and Prize ceremony
Best of the expressions will be exhibited in leading galleries in India and abroad. An online exhibition will also be on display. Grand finale of the physical exhibition will be held in New Delhi with a cultural function and prize giving ceremony. Dates will be fixed depending on resolution of the COVID crisis.
How to Submit?
Interested participants can participate in the competition through this link.
- Opening of the competition: 2nd April 2020
- Deadline for receiving Entries: 1st May 2020
- Evaluation of Entries & Shortlist Announcement by: 20th May 2020
- Announcement of Prizes/Awards – on the World Environment Day: 6th June 2020
For further details, click here.