UNICEF and Haryana Government’s joint ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ Programme (BBBP)
This is a tri-ministerial effort of Ministries of Women and Child Development, Health & Family Welfare and Human Resource Development.
As part of the 161 districts selected nationally, 12 districts have been selected in Haryana to be part of BBBP: Rohtak, Jhajjar, Mahendragarh, Rewari, Sonipat, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Karnal, Yamunanagar, Kaithal, Bihwani, and Panipat.
UNICEF India and state offices are working towards strengthening of the BBBP programme as a long term and systemic intervention to ensure child survival, development and protection.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
Consultant to support implementation of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Programme.
Number of positions
2 Consultancy positions – One consultant will be based on Rohtak and one consultant will be based in Jhajjar.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master degree in gender studies or relevant social sciences.
- Technical knowledge and at least 5 years of work experience on issues relating to gender equality, empowerment of women and girls, human rights, child protection, and governance.
- Proven ability to analyze data to draw relevant and valid implications for project implementation and policy recommendations.
- Proven expertise and experience in project management, including in managing teams.
Proven experience in leading monitoring and evaluation of large programmes (district level and above)
- Experience in working with Government.
- Ability to engage with a wide range of people, including government partners, academic centers, formal and in-formal Networks & Collectives, NGOs/CSOs and technical experts if required to collate all relevant information.
- Computer skills, analytical- and excellent writing skills.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of Hindi will be an asset.
- Provide technical support on substantive work on gender equality and project management including planning and implementation of the chosen BBBP activities.
- Support direct implementation of selected BBBP work, liaising with CMGGA, departments of government, the District Collector’s office and WCD.
- Support the monitoring component of the above programmes.
- Document initiatives and good practices and progress report
Both positions involve regular travel to Chandigarh and New Delhi. Travel outside of the districts may also be required as and when required. Travel is estimated up to 5 days a month.
Duration of Consultancy
October 2017 to September 2019 (23 months with a 2 week break at the end of December 2017 and after a continuous period of 11.5 months)
The initial contract period will be till end December 2017. A new contract may be issued in January 2018 for a further period of 11.5 months of the consultancy subject to availability of funds, continuing need for the consultancy and satisfactory performance of the consultant in the first phase of the contract.
Subject to meeting the aforementioned conditions another contract for the remaining 8.5 months will be issued in January 2019.
Candidates can apply for either one/both districts but will be assigned to work in one of the districts.
While the candidates can indicate their preference for the district that they would like to work in, UNICEF will make the final decision as to which district to assign to which consultant.
In your cover letter please indicate clearly the district to which you are applying for.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted online at this link.
Last date for applying: Aug 20, 2017
UNICEF, Supply & Procurement Section
73, Lodi Estate, New Delhi 110003
For full details, visit the official notification given here.