UNESCO World Heritage Volunteers 2018 @ Champaner Hills, Gujarat [Aug 10-19]: Apply by Aug 5
World Heritage Volunteers (WHV) 2018
Empowering the Commitment to World Heritage. The WHV 2018 campaign provides empowering and enriching opportunities to young people and enables them to go beyond borders in some of the most outstanding places in the world. Volunteers will work together to preserve natural and cultural sites, as well as to raise awareness among local communities about their heritage.
The World Heritage Volunteers Initiative is led by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre (WHC) in collaboration with the Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS), the European Heritage Volunteers (as a branch of Open Houses) and Better World.
For its 11th year, 53 action camp projects will be implemented at 52 World Heritage properties and sites inscribed on the Tentative Lists, from June to December 2018, by 46 organizations in 29 countries.
Champaner – Pavagadh Archeological Park is a concentration of largely unexcavated archaeological, historic and living cultural heritage properties cradled in an impressive landscape, the park includes prehistoric (chalcolithic) sites, a hill fortress of an early Hindu capital, and remains of the 16th-century capital of the state of Gujarat. It also includes fortifications, palaces, religious buildings, residential precincts, agricultural structures and water installations, dating from the 8th to 14th centuries.
The project, aiming at multiplying the impact of the first ‘Let’s Heritage’ program implemented in 2017 by the Elixir Foundation at Rani-ki-Vav, aims at promoting heritage preservation among youth and local communities, documenting and spreading examples of active participation, stimulating a sense of responsibility and connecting international and local people with the site management an conservation authorities.
The volunteers will organize and take part in different awareness raising actions, from a heritage walk to classes, quizzes, treasure hunts and art performances with local youth, school students and community representatives. They will also organize painting and photo contexts and promote the site and youth involvement in heritage protection across different social media.
Champaner Hills, Gujarat
- To be a part of the esteemed WHV Project of UNESCO.
- Develop your Heritage Quotient.
- Meet Heritage Experts.
- International Certification.
- Work together with Global Participants.
- Build a network with the community.
- Explore Indian Culture, Heritage & Architecture.
- Participant must be 16-35 years old.
- Participant has to be involved in the entire time frame of the program.
- Participant must be enthusiastic to explore heritage conservation and promotion at the World Heritage Site.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
How to apply
- Participation Fees
- Indian Nationals – INR 10,000 (Inclusive of Accommodation on sharing basis, Food & Local Travel)
- Foreign Nationals – USD 200 (Inclusive of Accommodation on sharing basis, Food & Local Travel)
- Ahmedabad & Vadodara are nearest airports.
- Once you fill up the form at this link, the team will get in touch with you for further formalities & mode of payments.
August 5, 2018
For any queries you can write us on email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on +91-901 655 8924.
Click here for official website.
About the Author