UNESCO Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development (APEID) and the National Commission of the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO invites applications for the Wenhui Award for Educational Innovation 2019.
About the Award:
The Wenhui Award embodies two important elements of educational innovation. Wen refers to all facets of civilization and culture, including wisdom, knowledge, moral and ethics, and encompasses the desire for learning and inquiry. Hui symbolizes the creative and radiant force of education that allows civilization and culture to flourish.
For 2019, the theme of the Wenhui Award is Promoting University and School Partnerships in Advancing the Education 2030 Agenda.
It is in line with the Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Education 2030 Agenda to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all, as well as UNESCO’s vision of education to provide and enhance quality learning opportunities particularly to those most disadvantaged, vulnerable and marginalized.
- Two individuals or institutions from the Asia and Pacific region will be selected by a jury of distinguished educators.
- The winners will each receive a Certificate of Excellence and prize money of US$ 20,000 (Rs. 13,87,210).
- Certificates of Merit may also be awarded to individuals or institutions that have demonstrated commendable innovative practices.
Individuals or institutions from the UNESCO Member States in Asia and the Pacific region that have designed and implemented significant educational innovations in the professional development of teachers leading to improved access to, and quality in, education and skills development will be eligible for the Award.
To qualify for nomination for the 2019 Wenhui Award, the candidates shall possess the following qualifications or attributes:
- Have demonstrated their ability in developing a university-school partnership that has helped to enhance the quality of inclusive education and lifelong learning;
- Should have verified the positive impact of their partnership in bringing about noticeable changes in the quality of inclusive education and lifelong learning;
- Have proven their commitment to promoting and supporting the principles of inclusive and lifelong quality learning for all; and
- Should have established that their partnership is current and relevant to the Education 2030 Agenda.
How to Apply?
- Click here for the application form.
- Nominations shall be submitted to the Award Secretariat at UNESCO Bangkok through the National Commissions for UNESCO, UNESCO Offices and other organizations associated with UNESCO.
- For a list of UNESCO offices, click here.
- Closing date for nominations: 31 July 2019.
- Announcement of winners: End of September 2019.
- Award ceremony: To be confirmed.
Wenhui Award Secretariat
920 Sukhumvit Road, Prakanong
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel: (66-2) 391-0577