About the fellowships
The Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report is an editorially independent, authoritative, and evidence based annual report that monitors progress in education in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which have been adopted as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, with special focus on education.
The GEM Report Fellowship programme will support proposals for studies in the area of international and comparative education with a special focus on utilizing the GEM Report’s data resources, strengthening the content of the GEM Report, advancing the SDG 4 monitoring agenda and supporting the themes of forthcoming GEM reports.
- Academic: An advanced university degree in Education, Sociology, Economics, Political Science, Psychology, Demography, Statistics, Psychometrics or other related fields.
- Tools: Sound knowledge of and proven experience in the application of statistical techniques involving large scale survey data.
- Languages: Fluency in one of the two UNESCO official languages (English and French) and the capacity to draft to a high standard in English.
- Proven experience in policy analysis in an academic/research or a national/international agency setting.
- Proven experience in organising projects in research and/or policy contexts.
- Contacts within the education policy community would be an advantage
- Experience with education systems in low, middle or high income countries.
How to apply
For applying, candidates will need to forward the following requirements via email at email@example.com:
- CV in UNESCO format
- One page with brief project title, Abstract (150 words), Duration, Budget
- Project proposal (maximum 5 pages/2500 words) with the following information:
- Research question/Aim of the project
- Relevance to the GEM Report
- Proposed data and methodology
- Timeline and resources
- Deadline for proposals: 28 September 2018
- Announcement of decision with successful applicants: 26 October 2018
- Review meeting: 5 November 2018
- Expected start to the fellowship: January 2019
For further information about the fellowships, visit the official website.