Applications are open for UNESCO/People’s Republic of China (The Great Wall) Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2019-2020. Apply by March 15.
About the Fellowship:
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has placed at the disposal of UNESCO for the academic year 2019-2020 seventy-five (75) fellowships for advanced studies at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
These fellowships are for the benefit of developing the Member States in Africa, Asia–Pacific, Latin America, Europe, and North America and the Arab region.
Tenable at a selected number of Chinese universities, these fellowships are intended for scholars who plan to pursue advanced studies or undertake individual research with periodic guidance from the assigned supervisor in China.
Selected candidates will undertake their studies in the host universities as visiting scholars. Most of the study programmes will be conducted in English. In exceptional cases, candidates may be required to study the Chinese language before taking up research or studying in their fields of interest.
- Applicants applying for General Scholar programs must not be older than the age of forty-five (45) and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study; and those who applying for Senior Scholar programmes must be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) and not older than the age of fifty (50).
- English proficiency is required.
- Be in good health, both mentally and physically.
How to Apply?
- Contact the National Commission for UNESCO of your country to inquire about the application procedures at the national level.
Click here for UNESCO Fellowships Application Form.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact in advance with their target Chinese universities and apply for the re-admission. For the applicants who have received the pre-admission letters from by the time of submission, please attach the letters in your supporting documents.
- Submit your application to the National Commission for UNESCO of your country.
- As soon as you are informed by the National Commission for UNESCO of your country that you are nominated as a candidate for this programme, you should complete the online application and submit all the supporting documents on the online application system of China Scholarship Council.
To access the China Scholarship Council online application, click here.
For further information, click here.