About the internship
The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MoYAS), Government of India has been running two flagship schemes namely; National Service Scheme (NSS) since 1969 and Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) since 1972 for promotion of youth volunteerism in the country. The MoYAS and UNV/UNDP have been implementing a joint project titled “Strengthening NYKS and NSS” to strengthen the youth volunteering infrastructure in the country.
The project is aimed at providing catalytic support to the Youth Volunteer Schemes of the MoYAS and intended to facilitate youth participation and voice in peace and sustainable development programmes in order to realization of full social, economic and human potential of youth.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the UN Volunteers in India and directly reporting to the National Project Manager, the intern will provide support for activities relating to Youth Parliament. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Conducting desk research on existing platforms for Youth Parliament in country
- Assist in preparation of a plan of action for conducting Youth Parliament at district, region and national level
- Supporting with the formation of guidelines to conduct Youth Parliament at district, region and national level
- Conducting background study of 29 districts and identification of specific issues pertaining to districts
- Preparation of district specific questionnaires for Youth Parliament
- Assist in running a social media campaign to increase awareness regarding Youth Parliament on social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Assist in preparing questionnaires for sessions of Youth Parliament
- Contribute to the development of printed communication materials, including editing images/photos and layout
- Assist in writing press releases and blog entries
- Assist in finalizing dates, coordinate logistical arrangements and organizing events.
- Assist in preparing proceedings of the Youth Parliament.
- Assist in any other technical and operational assistance appropriate and required by the UN Volunteers India Office.
- Assist in preparing a Consolidated Report on proceedings of the Youth Parliament.
- Any other task related to the above tasks.
Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; Communication: proven interpersonal skills; good spoken and written communication skills,
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s in Political Science, International Relations, Development Studies, Social Work or other related Social Science background.
Location: New Delhi, INDIA
How to apply
Apply online at this link.
Application Deadline: 06-May-18 (Midnight New York, USA)
Starting Date (date when the selected candidate is expected to start): 14-May-2018
For official notification, click here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)