About the Organisation
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
Nature of Internship
UNDP provides opportunities for a small group of outstanding university students to undertake an internship at the UNDP office in Moldova. The objective of the Internship Programme is to provide UNDP Moldova with the assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields. The Internship Programme provides a compact understanding of UNDP’ s development policies, thematic priorities, and technical cooperation activities. Internships are designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation but also complement other international studies.
Interns specialize in the areas of public relations/communications, sustainable development, democratic governance and peacebuilding, climate and disaster resilience, human rights, gender, combating HIV/AIDS, promoting civic engagement and Sustainable Development Goals. During internship, they acquire practical experience in various aspects of project management in an international work environment. The typical tasks performed by interns include:
- Conducting research
- Writing documents
- Cataloguing information
- Assisting in the organization of conferences, forums or other collaborative events
- Publishing knowledge stories/best practices, etc.
Who can Apply
UNDP may accept interns providing the following conditions are met:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English. Fluency in Russian and/or Romanian is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Duration of Internship
The duration of an internship assignment varies in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UNDP. Assignments are available for the period of minimum 6 weeks to a maximum of 6 months.
To apply for this opportunity, please click here.
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact email@example.com.
For further details, please visit the official website by clicking here.