UNDP Office has organised internship programme to provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments as well providing an opportunity to make substantive contributions to an office’s work.
The current internship will provide opportunity for students or those who recently graduated to learn some aspects of human resources particularly on implementation of recruitment process and HR information system.
The intern will provide clerical and support to HR staff works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects staff on HR-related issues and information exchange.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Provision of HR services
- Assisting in the learning/ staff events
- Support to the HR information filing system and database
- Required Skills and Experience
- Enrolment in a graduate-level degree programme in business administration, or other related field. For those who have graduated, if selected must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- Knowledge of – or proven interest in the area of procurement, supply and logistic
- Proficiency in English. Fluency in Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese or Russian is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- An interest in global mobility; adaptability to varied physical and other environments; a desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Application Deadline: 30-Dec-17 (Midnight New York, USA)