Applications for the Undergraduate Research Initiative program of the IIIT Jodhpur during May-July are open. Apply by March 31.
About the program:
The Undergraduate Research Initiative (UGRI) program of the Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur provides a platform for young students to engage in research with faculty members of the institute during summer.
- Students must have completed their V Semester of B.E., B.Tech., B.Tech.- M.Tech. Dual Degree or 1st Year of M.Sc. or M.A. Program.
- Students must have secured academic performance of 70% or a 7.5 CPI/CGPA on a 10 point scale for engineering disciplines or 65% or 7.0 CPI/CGPA for MSc/M.A. They must not have failed any course.
The proposed duration for the program is a minimum of six weeks and a maximum of eight weeks during the summer vacation at IIT Jodhpur. The start date is 15 May 2019 and selected candidates are expected to report with necessary documents.
- Selected students will be provided with a stipend of Rs. 2,000 per week.
- Boarding and lodging will be provided on charges as per the Institute rules to the participants.
How to Apply?
- Click here to apply.
- Applicants are advised to visit the webpages of faculty members of IIT Jodhpur to get familiar with their research areas and contact them.
- They must provide a proposal (in pdf format) on the research which she/he would like to carry out at IIT Jodhpur.
- The proposal must indicate the name of the faculty member of IIT Jodhpur, with whom she/he is interested to work with.
- Selected students need to submit a No-Objection Certificate from the HoD or Principal of his/her Institute/University at the time of joining the UGRI program and must have their own health insurance valid for at least two months.
- Last date for submitting On-line Applications: March 31
- The announcement of selected Students: April 12.
- Confirmation from the selected Students: April 19.
- Commencement of the UGRI 2019 Program: May 15.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: (0291) 280 1511