UNCDF is seeking eligible organisations to apply to deliver training courses on inclusive digital financial services (DFS), particularly on regulation and supervision of financial technology (FinTech) and innovation, gender mainstreaming, and evidence-informed policymaking including lean data and low-resource options to improve regulatory reporting processes.
Area of Project
Candidates can apply within a single area of intervention or propose a project for a combination of areas:
- Area 1: Innovation and FinTech
- Area 2: Gender Mainstreaming
- Area 3: Evidence-Informed Policymaking
- The applicant/lead applicant must be a registered entity and ideally an educational or training organisation (including commercial for-profit firms, non-profit organisations, universities).
- Accredited institutions that can issue a diploma or certification are encouraged to apply.
Country of operation:
- The applicant can be based anywhere globally.
Consortiums (when applicable):
- Applicants may apply only once under this RFA, whether independently or in a consortium.
- Joint applications are accepted.
Solutions to be supported:
- Applicants must have successfully delivered similar training with proven excellent results.
- Applicants shall not have been the subject of bankruptcy, liquidation, judicial settlement, safeguarding, cessation of activity or any other similar situation resulting from a similar procedure.
- Applicants and any of their staff or member of their board of directors shall not be included in the United Nations financial sanctions lists, particularly in the fight against the financing of terrorism and against attacks on international peace and security;
- Applicants shall have fullfilled all the obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or obligations relating to the payment of taxes in accordance with legal provisions in force in the country of incorporation.
- UNCDF will conduct due diligence on selected applicants. Applicants must have documents ready for confirmation that they meet the eligibility criteria including certificate of compliance with the tax authorities and any other documentary evidence that might be requested by UNCDF in addition to the application form.
All applications must be submitted by March 8, 2021, 23:59 (EST, the New York time zone) to uncdf.rfa[at]uncdf.org
UNCDF will provide a grant (and technical assistance if agreed) and sign a performance-based agreement (PBA)1 with at least one applicant per area. UNCDF’s contributions can range from 50,000 USD to 250,000 USD.