Entries are now invited for the United Nations SDG Awards 2020. People and organizations everywhere are encouraged to submit their outstanding SDG Action and nominate to become one of the UN SDG Action Award winners.
In addressing the current pandemic and its devastating impact on people’s lives, the Sustainable Development Goals provide a blueprint for bold decisions that can put healthy lives, healthy societies, and a healthy planet at the core of the road to recovery.
Within this context, the SDG Action community is called to contribute – through the SDG Action Awards – tried and tested solutions and approaches with the potential to go to scale and to be replicated elsewhere, making them available to leaders and partners around the globe.
The 2020 edition is seeking creative, scalable, and transformative initiatives worldwide:
- Mobilize a large number of individuals and organizations to take the action for the achievement of the goals; whilst building coalitions across communities and societies.
- Inspire people to shift behaviors and policies for the achievement of goals, whilst promoting the values of hope and solidarity.
- Connect partners to increase progress on the goals while strengthening dialogue and trust between people and institutions at all levels.
People and organizations everywhere are encouraged to submit their outstanding SDG Action and nominate them to become one of the UN SDG Action Award Winners.
The winning initiatives will be honored at the UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony and widely amplified throughout the year to inspire the growing Global SDG Action Community to accelerate change for the people and planet.
- Sectors: All sectors are encouraged to apply and nominate initiatives to the UN SDG Action Awards. However, please note that national governments, UN entities, and UN SDG Action Campaign official partners are not eligible for an SDG Action Award but their efforts will be highlighted through honorable mentions – an esteemed recognition to be featured as part of this program, at the Awards Ceremony and through associated promotion and communications.
- Time Frame: Eligible initiatives will have been launched between 2015 and now, including those implemented in response to COVID-19. All applications will need to demonstrate the tangible impact of the initiative regardless of the longevity of the activation – thus ideas or projects that have not moved beyond the conceptual stage will not be considered.
- Multiple Applications: Applicants can submit multiple initiatives under different categories. Please do not re-submit the same initiative to multiple categories. If you are unsure which category is the best fit for your initiative, you can include it in the overview description. The application will be assessed under the category deemed more aligned by the reviewers.
- Returning Applicants: Those who have applied in the past to the UN SDG Action Awards are welcome to re-apply if the previously submitted initiative has produced greater impact, or if a new initiative has been designed and rolled out.
Each shortlisted entry will be scored on a scale of 0-10 for each of the 3 criteria below for a maximum overall score of 30 points:
- Impact: What kind of tangible impact has this initiative had? What are the direct benefits and to whom? We will consider the number of people impacted, policies/legislation changed, etc. – (0-10)
- Approach: How is this initiative new or transformative in comparison to what has been done before? Is it a breakthrough idea or process, or a whole new way to address an issue? Is it including those often left behind? (0-10)
- Scalability/Replicability: Does this initiative have the potential to scale up or be replicated to create a greater impact? Is there any evidence that replication or scaling is already happening? (0-10)
Call for Submissions
Interested candidates can submit their initiatives online by clicking here. The last date for submissions is July 19, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Start-Up Chile Pre-Acceleration Program 2020 for Startups led by Female Founders [Fully Funded]: Apply by June 2.