Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the UN-OHCHR Fifth Human Rights Youth Challenge 2021.
About the UN OHCHR Fifth Human Rights Youth Challenge
On the occasion of World Toilet Day (19 November 2021), the Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation, Mr. Pedro Arrojo Agudo, is organizing the Fifth Human Rights Youth Challenge together with the Permanent Mission of Spain, the Permanent Mission of Germany, UN-Water, Franciscans International, International Rivers, Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN), World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), Ulsan International Development Cooperation Center (UIDCC) and ONGAWA.
Youth aged between 16 – 24 are invited to produce and submit a video (v-log) or any other digital content on: “the human rights to water and sanitation of peoples living close to the nature” including, but not limited to, indigenous peoples, peasants, farmers, fisherfolks, hunters and gatherers, livestock rearers, and traders.
Age limit: 16-24 years old (at the time of submission deadline, 15 February 2022).
- Prize 1: winner will be invited to speak at a side-event of the UN Human Rights Council in September 2022 pending COVID19 restrictions (travel and accommodation will be paid.
- Prize 2: winner will be appointed as “Youth Advisor to the Special Rapporteur”.
The winner will be announced on World Water Day (22 March 2022).
How to Participate?
- Upload your short (2-5 minute) videos (v-logs) or other digital content.
- Include #Youth4Watsan and the hashtags that correspond to your video/digital content: #connectwithWASH, #accessWASH, #equalWASH, #aroundWASH or #speakup4WASH.
- Submit the link to your video or other digital content by filling in this form. No other acknowledgments will be sent. Please do not ask for confirmation by email. After the submission deadline, a list of received submissions will be available on the @SRWatsan for confirmation.
Feb 15, 2021