The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) with its headquarters in Turin, Italy, is the United Nations institution for system-wide knowledge management, learning and training for the staff of the United Nations system.
The College is expected to play a pivotal role in contributing to UN reform, the development of a common culture based on effectiveness, expertise and continuous learning through the development, coordination and provision of cross-cutting learning programmes which impact on all agencies and staff.
The selected intern will apply her/his skills in the field of communications to support the
activities of the UNSSC Directorate. S/he will gain an understanding of the UN’s work in general, and in the area of communications, in particular. The incumbent will report to the Policy and Corporate Coordination Officer, under the daily guidance of the UNSSC Communications focal point. Specifically, the intern will be responsible for the following activities:
- Updating social media platforms regularly with platform-specific content;
- Drafting communication materials including mailers, newsletters and web content;
- Supporting the execution of communication campaigns, events and other outreach activities;
- Assisting in drafting press releases, speeches and articles;
- Assisting with research, provide substantive and administrative assistance as required and perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a PhD programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD programme.
in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent.
- Previous work experience is not required, however, experience in the field of communications and public relations and experience working with professional social media platforms are considered an asset. Knowledge of the UN is an advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required. Knowledge of Italian is preferable. Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High motivation to learn and grow professionally.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff
College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter, specifying why you would like to be considered for this internship;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement
from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement
November 24, 2017
United Nations System Staff College
Viale Maestri del Lavoro 10,
10127 Torino, Italy
Tel: +39 011 65 35 911 Fax: +39 011 65 35 902
For details, please visit the official link given here.