The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) invites applications for the United Nation’s Global Climate Action Award 2021.
Spearheaded by UN Climate Change’s Momentum for a Change initiative, the UN Global Climate Action Award shines a light on the most innovative, scalable, and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
The 2021 UN Global Climate Action Awards will recognize climate action that is already achieving real and tangible results in three categories:
- Climate Neutral Now: recognizing efforts by individuals, companies, and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality.
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment: recognizing successful financial innovations for adaptation and climate mitigation.
- Climate Leaders: recognizing transformational efforts by governments at any level (national, provincial, state, city, town) that are moving the needle on climate change.
If your project is selected as a winning activity you will receive a wide range of benefits:
- Fully covered attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2021;
- Access to policymakers and potential funders during the conference;
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat;
- Public relations support and media training; Marketing materials, including promotional videos;
- A dedicated page about your project on our website; and professional photography.
Organizations, communities, cities, business, universities, governments, and others are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized by the UN Change secretariat as a 2021 winning activity.
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here. The last date to register is April 30, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.