United Nations Climate Change Global Youth Video Competition 2018: Submit by Aug 31
About the organiser
The 2018 edition of the Global Youth Video Competition is co-organized by UN Climate Change, GEF-UNDP SGP and Connect4Climate, with support from BNP Paribas Foundation and the constituency of youth non-governmental organizations (YOUNGO). The competition will be implemented through the Television for Environment (tve) platform.
About the competition
The initiative of this video competition, which is in its 4th edition, aims to highlight, through videos, climate action being taken by youth.
- Any individual between 18-30 years of age on the closing date is eligible to participate.
- Individuals of all nationalities are free to participate.
There are two categories from each of which a winner will be selected:
Responsible production & consumption
We can live more climate friendly lifestyles if we manage our natural resources sustainably, and be more energy and resource efficient during the entire life-cycle of the goods we consume.
Green and climate friendly jobs
Green jobs can improve energy efficiency, limit greenhouse gas emissions, and help people adapt to the effects of climate change. New business ideas, green industrialization, and education can all add to the creation of safe and meaningful work in a low-carbon economy.
- Round-trip travel to 24th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 24) in Katowice, Poland, in December 2018
- Assignment as a youth reporter, assisting the UN Climate Change team with videos, articles and social media posts
- The video must be a maximum of three minutes.
- The video must be in English or must have English subtitles.
- Applicants must be free and available to travel to Poland in December 2018.
How to submit
The videos can be submitted online after registration.
How to register
The entry form for the Global Youth Video Competition 2018 is available here.
The entry form and video must be submitted latest by 11 p.m. GMT on 31 August 2018.
UNFCCC Secretariat, Phone: (49-228) 815-1000
For further information, visit here.
About the Author