One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts and sports.
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
The Criminal Justice Practicum Cell (CJPC) is an applied learning programme for the youth to understand the depth of the criminal justice system through real-world experience. It is an essential first step in entering the world which will help the students to enhance skills and refine their career goals and plans. CJPC’s agenda is to expand and enrich student’s understanding of the criminal justice system. It will supplement traditional classroom teaching with some real-life in terms of experience. It will help the students to develop professional knowledge.
About the National Online Quiz in Criminal Law
CJPC brings you with all new 1st Edition of its Criminal Law dealing with the Indian Evidence Act, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Penal Code, the POCSO Act and Penology and Victimology. CJPC is organising this online edition of quiz with a very nominal registration fee with exiting cash prizes and much more.
The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
The Registration for the Quiz can be done by clicking at this registration link.
A nominal registration fee of Rs. 30 has to be paid for the quiz competition.
The Last date of registration is Saturday, July 25, 2020 (Till noon).
A maximum of 1000 students will be allowed to register for the Competition on first-cum-first basis.
The Bank details to pay the registration fee for quiz competition is as follows:
- Account Number: 919781520216
- Bank: Paytm Payments Bank Ltd
- Branch: Noida Branch
- IFSC Code: PYTM0123456
- Branch Code: 123456
The payment for the quiz competition could be also made via Google Pay/Paytm (Bank Only) at:
- Number: 9781520216
The payment for the quiz competition could be also made via UPI could be made at:
- UPI ID: vagoyal981@oksbi
Pattern of Quiz
The quiz will consist of questions from the following topics:
- Indian Penal Code (IPC)
- Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC)
- Indian Evidence Act (IEA)
- Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act
- Penology & Victimology
Scheme of Quiz
- There will be no negative marking for the quiz.
- All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s)format.
- The participant who submits the quiz earlierwill be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
- The quiz will comprise of a total of 60 questions.
- The total time for attempting the quiz will be 30 minutes (Approx. 2 minutes for each question).
- The quiz will account for 160 Marksin total.
- The format of the questions will consist of short type, long typeand case law all in form of MCQ.
- The division of marks can be stated as follows:
|S. No.||No. of Questions||Division||Sub-Total|
|01||20 Q||1 M Each||20 M|
|02||10 Q||2 M Each||20 M|
|03||10 Q||3 M Each||30 M|
|04||10 Q||4 M Each||40 M|
|05||10 Q||5 M Each||50 M|
|TOTAL||60 Q||–||160 M|
Mode of Play
- The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
- The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Groupso formed by the CJPC for the quiz.
- The link for joining the WhatsApp group for the Quiz will be send in the confirmation mail by the CJPC, once the participant successfully pays the money and submits the registration form for the same.
- The registered candidate will be mailed a confirmation mail containing the link of WhatsApp group accessing to which, the participant can be added to the group.
- The results for the Quiz will be declared on the WhatsApp Group so made for the purpose, official Instagram handle of CJPC and official Facebook handle of CJPC.
- CJPC will not be responsible for any technical error in paying the registration fee for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
|Release of Registration Form||July 06, 2020 (midnight)- Monday|
|Last Date of Registration||July 25, 2020 (Till noon)- Saturday|
|Date of Competition||July 26, 2020 (11:30 A.M.- 12:00 P.M.)- Sunday|
|Result Declaration||July 26, 2020 (Evening)- Sunday|
|Receiving of Certificates||August 03, 2020 (Till noon)- Monday|
Cash Prizes and Rewards
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1100 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 700 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 3rd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 500 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The next top 5 rank holders will get the Certificate of Eminence (E-Certificate).
- The next top 15 rank holders will get the Certificate of Excellence (E-Certificate).
- The next top 25 rank holders will get the Certificate of Recognition (E- Certificate).
- The next top 50 rank holders will get the Certificate of Appreciation (E-Certificate).
- All the participants of the Quiz will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Dr. Anju Choudhary, Assistant Professor (Laws), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Kindly forward your queries (if any) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to contact the student coordinators in case of any doubt at:
- Japsehaj Singh (President)- 9915323500
- Dheerja (Convenor)- 7009465401
- Tanya Singla (Co-Convenor)- 8699301897
- Sayyam Garg (Co-ordinator)
- Sanigdha (Co-ordinator)
In case of any query related to payment, registration or quiz, feel free to contact: Vaibhav Goyal (Committee Head for Quiz)- 9781520216
For the official notification, click the link below.