About the Scholarship
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest with regard to promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch “IshanUday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2014-15.
- Students with domicile of NER, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2017 for applications called for during year 2017-18.
- Secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course of technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included).
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
Number of Scholarships/ Slots
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based upon the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently- abled persons.
Amount of Scholarship
Rs.5400/- per month for general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
- Applications will be invited once in a year on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- At the time of applying, the course will be classified as general degree or professional by the concerned University/ Institution/College.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of scholarship.
Application Deadline: Nov 30, 2018
For any queries,
Phone: 0120 – 6619540
Email Id: email@example.com
For more information, visit the official link by clicking here.
About the Author