About the Contest
The engine of the world moves to 1s and 0s, and it is that guild of wizards. Uber is looking to challenge through HackTag 2021.
Uber HackTag is open to all working professionals and engineering students pursuing a full-time B.Tech./ B.E./ M.Tech./ M.E. (all years) degrees across branches.
- HackTag is open to working professionals or students pursuing full-time B.Tech./ B.E./ M.Tech./ M.E.
- The participating students can be from any specialization/domain.
- Participants must register for this competition on the Dare2Compete platform in teams with an upper limit of 3 people per team.
- Only students from the same campus can form a team.
- There is no restriction on the number of teams from an Institute.
- Any deviation from the above will result in immediate disqualification of the entire team.
- Modification of team post registration will not be allowed.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited during the online coding challenge. Any cases of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification of the concerned candidates.
- Online Coding Challenge
- Eligible participants, after registering for HackTag on the D2C platform, will undergo an online coding challenge where they will be tested on their basic coding skills. Based on their test scores, participants will be shortlisted to proceed to the next stage.
- In this round, the team could nominate one individual to take the test on their behalf.
- This round will be an Online Coding Round (Duration: 50 minutes).
- Participants selected from the first round would then be provided with a theme/ problem statement that they would have to leverage to build a prototype/solution where they would be tested on shortlisting criteria including but not limited to innovation, completeness, etc.
- Shortlisted participants will then proceed to the next round.
- Grand Finale
- Participants selected from the second round would then have to build on their prototype/solution to create a demoable outcome.
- These selected participants will also get exclusive access to mentors from Uber who can be consulted throughout this journey of their program.
- Participants would then have to present their final product to a set of panelists who would grade them on set criteria.
Prizes & Rewards
- Cash prizes of INR 2,00,000 (winning team), INR 1,00,000 (team in second place), and INR 50,000 (team in third place) for working professionals
- Cash prizes of INR 1,20,000 (winning team), INR 60,000 (team in second place), and INR 30,000 (team in third place) for students
- An opportunity to be a part of a prestigious cohort who receive industry-relevant mentorship from experts at Uber
- Opportunity to gauge your growth and relevance with the latest tech stack
- Maximize your readiness for opportunities available with top technology and product companies
- Possible opportunity for select students to participate in interviews for full-time roles and internships at Uber basis requirement
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the challenge through this link.
- 26 Feb’21 11:59 PM IST: Registration Deadline
- 27 Feb’21 06:00 PM IST: Round 1: Online Coding Challenge
- 01 Mar’21 06:00 PM IST: Round 1 Result Announcement
- 07 Mar’21 11:59 PM IST: Round 2: Prototyping Deadline
- 12 Mar’21 06:00 PM IST: Round 2 Result Announcement
- 29 Mar’21 11:00 AM IST: Round 3: Grand Finale
For more details, click the link below.