About the Fellowship
Applications are open for the TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training 2020. TWAS offers fellowships to young scientists in developing countries to enable them to spend three to 12 months at a research institution in a developing country other than their own.
The purpose of these fellowships is to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career, helping them to foster links for further collaboration.
- The fellowships are for research and advanced training. They are offered to young scientists holding at least an MSc or equivalent degree.
- Eligible applicants for the fellowships are young scientists working in any area of natural sciences who are citizens of a developing country and are employed by a research institution in a developing country.
- There is no age limit. However, preference is given to young scientists at the beginning of their research career and those working in the least Developed Countries.
- The fellowships are offered for a minimum of three months and a maximum of twelve months.
- TWAS covers international low-cost airfare plus a contribution towards subsistence amounting to a maximum of USD 300 per month. No other costs will be provided by TWAS.
- The host institution is expected to provide accommodation and food as well as research facilities.
Fellowships are awarded by the TWAS Fellowships Committee on the basis of scientific merit.
How to Apply?
Applicants must complete the online application form by clicking on the ‘Apply now. While filling in the online application, applicants also need to upload the following documentation:
- scanned copy of your passport, even if expired (page with your name and surname);
- CV, maximum five pages including publications;
- Supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
- two reference letters of senior scientists familiar with your work. Please note that the Head of your Home Institution cannot be one of your referees;
- MSc certificate and relevant university transcripts;
- Official invitation letter from the Head of the Host Institute;
October 1, 2020
For full notification, click the link below.