Applications are invited for the TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021-22 for Researcher.
The World Academy of Sciences is a merit-based science academy established for developing countries, uniting 1,000 scientists in some 70 countries. Its principal aim is to promote scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in developing countries.
About the Fellowship
The TWAS-CUI Fellowship Programme for Postdoctoral Research offers fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural or social sciences. Duration: from a minimum of six months to a maximum of 12 months.
- TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the campuses of the COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months. NB: In 2018, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) changed its name to COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI).
- CUI-TWAS Fellowships are offered in the following areas of the natural and related applied sciences: Mathematics, Biosciences, Metrology, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Physics, Chemical Engineering and Management Sciences.
- CUI-TWAS Fellowships are also offered in the following social and economic sciences: Development Studies, Economics, Economics and International Relations.
- CUI will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not be on site in Pakistan;
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a PhD degree in a field of social sciences;
- apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
- provide a certificate of good health – including results of a COVID-19 test (not older than 48 hours) – from a qualified medical doctor;
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from CIIT (see sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) by emails at email@example.com who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Mr. Kashif Masood,applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV, a research proposal outline, the completed Foreign Student Information Sheet (available below for download) and scanned copy of their valid passport (just page with picture and biodata);
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members and for any delay incurred in completing the fellowship.
- Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from CUI when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and signed. The subject line must contain CUI/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Programme should send a copy of their application (by e-mail) to CUI.
- Applications can only be accepted via the online portal using the apply now button at the bottom of this page.
August 31, 2021
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI)
Mr. Kashif Masood
Deputy Registrar (International)
Park Road, Chak Shahzad
Tel: (+9251) 9049 5272
Click here to view the official notification for the TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2021-22.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- IBS Young Scientist Fellowship 2021 at Korea [Funding Upto Rs. 1 Cr]: Apply by June 30
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 by Govt. of Canada [70 Fellowships; Fellowship Upto Rs. 50L]: Apply by Sep 22