Applications are now open for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021.
The fellowship is for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
BIOTEC is seeking 1-2 positions for postdoctoral researchers in the areas of biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, molecular genetics, biosensors biotechnology, and bioinformatics
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in biotechnology.
- BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- hold a Ph.D. degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology or related disciplines;
- meet the requirements of the postdoctoral positions available at BIOTEC and its research units. F
- apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a Ph.D. degree in the fields of the natural sciences specified above.
- must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application. NB. For instance, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he should make sure not to submit the application later than 15 June.
- be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail email@example.com) who will facilitate the assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with a copy of their CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent, and three recommendation letters. See sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/ his fellowship.
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is July 30, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below:
- AAAS-TWAS Online Course on Science Diplomacy [Free, Aug 30- Sep 3]: Register by May 31.
- L’ORÉAL-UNESCO for Women in Science International Awards 2022 [Prizes Upto INR 90L]: Apply by May 31