About the fellowship:
TRT World Fellowship is an exciting initiative in Istanbul for young talent from around the world to get a unique hands-on experience in the field of change-inspiring journalism.
- Invaluable hands-on experience in News, Programmes, Digital and Vision departments.
- Work with experienced traditional broadcast and digital journalists.
- Get Digital know how and take part in debate forums and round table discussion groups
- Learn how it all works from the field to the newsroom.
- Targeting Proficient English speakers (Level C1 & C2) who are recent graduates and those in their third or fourth year of tertiary studies.
Schedule and Programs:
During the fellowship programme, you will work full time in TRT World while taking your experience to the next level through a demanding schedule of training which provides a 360-degree view of the modern media industry with professionals from a variety of backgrounds including journalists, editors, PR professionals, producers, reporters and videographers.
You will be engaged in weekly seminars, workshops and master classes emphasising on journalism skills, cinematography, editing skills, documentary making, humanitarian programmes, Turkish culture and politics.
The participants of the fellowship programme will also be provided site visits of institutions and news agencies. By joining trips to key Turkish cultural, political, media organisations and think-tanks, you’ll be able to understand cultural and historical background of Turkey.
2018 Program Highlights:
In summer of 2018, 11 talented fellows had an opportunity to look at media through the lenses of TRT World, and to improve their journalism skills and understanding of the Turkish culture.
Through the hands-on experience in the newsrooms and the studios, fellows gained first-hand participation of behind the scenes making of TV programs and reports.