Centre for Rural Development Studies and B-Basavalingappa Institute for Development Studies (B-BIDS) are jointly organising a two-day national conference on Tribal Issues and Challenges in Democratic India at the Jnanabharati Campus of Bangalore University.
Objectives of the conference are:
- To understand the changing status of tribal people in democratic India.
- To review the constitutional directives for well being of tribals.
- To check the institutional efforts made by the states and centre.
- To focus the views of jurisprudence towards tribes in India.
- To suggest suitable measures for policy formulation to address the tribal
issues, with special reference to the forest dwellers.
Themes for Papers:
- Types of Tribals in India and their living conditions.
- Constitutional gaurantees for tribals in democratic India.
- Tribals – in pre and post independence India.
- Judiciary and Tribes.
- A glance of the tribal department during the past 7 decades.
- Resources and tribes development.
- Status of tribal education.
- Tribals and development institutions.
- Tribals, MNCs and institution.
- Tribals and NGOs.
- Tribal development models proposed.
- Tribal and people representatives.
Abstract Submission: 20th June 2019
Full Paper Submission: 30th June 2019
Last date for Registration: 30th June 2019
Registration Fee for Conference:
University & College Teachers: Rs.1,000/-
Research Scholars/Post-graduation Students: Rs.500/-
Corporate Business Houses: Rs.3,000/-
- Abstract & full paper must contain the name of the author/s, complete
address, email id and mobile number.
- Citations & references should comply with the APA style of referencing.
- Submission must in MS-Word format with all four sides 1 inch margin.
- Should be typed in Times New Roman with a letter font size of 12. Paper
title in 16 and all sub-headings in 14. Keep line spacing at 1.15.
- Submit abstract/full paper via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hard copy be submitted to office of the Centre for Rural Development
Studies, Bangalore University, Jnanabharathi Campus, Bangalore-56.
- Abstract in 750 words and full paper with 2500 words.
For more details, click here.
About the Author
Poet at heart, literature student for real, and metaphors in between. Juggling between too many tasks amidst binging TV shows; alternatively FOMOW-ing.