A National level workshop cum seminar is being organized by the Department of English, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Andhra Pradesh.The topic of the conference is Translation and National Integration.The seminar will be conducted on January 18-25, 2018.
Who should attend?
This programme is for those who translate as a hobby or wish to build a career as a translator.It is also for (a) Professional translators and Translation Studies scholars (b) Early career employees and Research scholars (c) Teachers who need to do Refresher course for their CAS (d) Mass Media Staff. (e)Social Sciences and Science teaching faculty
The programme mainly focuses on the following topics:
i. Linguistics and Translation
ii. Literary Translation
Features of Literary Translation, Genre of Literary Translation, Problems and Possible solutions in Literary Translation
iii. Translation of Short stories and Poems from Telugu into English
iv. Translation Evaluation
Parameters & Principles in evaluating a translated text
v. Non-Literary Translation
Features of Non-Literary Translation, Translation & Science Communication, Scientific & Technical Translation
vi. Scientific and Technical Terminology
Identifying Scientific & Technical Terms, Various Methods for Translating Scientific & Technical Terms
vii. Translation and Report Writing
viii. Translation and National Integration.
ix. Significance of Translation in the context of Globalization and Localization
x. Practicum and Submission of Translated work in the Seminar.
- The participants can send their abstracts/proposal of study from the topics mentioned.
- On the last day of the workshop, the participants are expected to submit a practical translation work in the form of a seminar paper on their Abstract/Proposal of study.
- In addition to the submission of practical translation work, it is mandatory to maintain 80% of attendance in the workshop, to receive the certificate.
- Those who are in service or on any regular assignment need to forward their applications through their employer or head of the Institution and bring the relieving certificate. On the last day of the workshop, the relieving certificates will be given.
- Selected practical translation works, which are presented in the Workshop, will be published in the form of a book with ISBN/ISSN number.
Call for Abstracts and Proposal of study
Abstracts/Proposal of study on the mentioned topics are welcome from the academicians and scholars around the world. Abstracts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract not exceeding 300 words (adhering to the latest MLA Style Sheet) typed in Times New Roman 12 size, with single space in A4 should be submitted before 10th January 2018.
- Academicians, FDP Scholars
Indian Delegates: Rs. 1500 Foreign Delegates: US $ 50
- Research Scholars
Indian Delegates: Rs. 1000 Foreign Delegates: US $ 30
- Spot Registration
Indian Delegates: Rs. 2000
Conference Dates: 18th – 25th January 2018
Abstract Submission & Payment of Fee: 10th January 2018.
Dr. M Suresh Kumar, Workshop Director:9989223434
Dr. B.Karuna, Treasurer:9849167661