IIT Gandhinagar is organizing a TEQIP-III Summer Training Program on Special Electrical Machines and Drives during June 24-28.
About the Program:
Few electrical machines require power electronic converters for their basic operation and are referred to as special electrical machines. Their role in various applications like electrical vehicles, renewable energy, aircraft, etc is promising in the present time.
This summer school provides an opportunity for the faculty members and students to revisit the important fundamental concepts of power electronics and its role in special electrical machines. Participation in this summer school is invited through registration.
- Recap on conventional electrical machines: DC motor, induction motor and synchronous
motor; Recap on power electronic converters.
- Evolution of electronically commutated motors, Permanent Magnet (PM) materials: Rare earth magnet, and Ferrite magnet, Brushless DC motor and PM Synchronous motor, Square wave, and Sine wave drives.
- Switched reluctance motor: Steady-state performance, Power electronic converter, Modeling, and control.
- Synchronous reluctance motor: Torque production, Percentage of reluctance and reaction torque components, PM assisted reluctance motor.
Who Can Participate?
Electrical Engineering Faculty Members, Ph.D. & PG students, Senior (4th Year) UG Students.
Click here to apply.
- Application Deadline: June 15, 2019.
- Last date of Confirmation: June 16, 2019.
- Program Dates: June 24-28, 2019.