About the Programme
The programme involves senior level resource persons, experts, professionals and functionaries who have very long and meaningful experiences with vast knowledge on the subject. During the programme, there will be presentations, panel discussions and group exercises on planning for disaster management and its implementation issues with examples from India and abroad, sharing of ideas and expertise/skills related to disaster risk reduction and resilience with scope, advantages and limitations as well as issues, challenges and opportunities in managing disaster events including the ethical perspectives.
Government of India has established a well-structured disaster management system defining roles, responsibilities and procedures for different stakeholders as well as allocation of adequate funds through different mechanisms for undertaking activities on DRR&R. It has also laid down guidelines, procedures and protocols for Disaster Management functionaries. The programme will provide information about such documents and key important points to be considered in disaster risk reduction and resilience.
At the end of training workshop, the delegates/participants will be able to:
- To develop better understanding about Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience (DRR&R)
- To learn about the relevant Act, Policy, Plan, Guidelines and SOPs on Disaster Management in the country
- To know about the important international agreements and declarations on disaster risk reduction, climate change, urbanization and sustainable development
- To initiate activities on formulation of disaster management plan for their functional and geographical regimes
- To discuss the collaboration and strengthening mechanisms for effective implementation of disaster management related activities.
The delegates/participants of the programme will assemble in conference/training hall PU, Puducherry at 10:00 A.M. on Wednesday, 25th March 2020 and will register themselves. PU, Puducherry officials will assist them in registration.
Who can attend?
The target group for this programme would be middle and senior level functionaries from the central and state governments representing particularly offices engaged with disaster risk reduction and resilience as well as other relevant institutes/organizations/agencies.
The nodal officers amongst them will be the key stakeholders to work in a coherent and coordinated manner with other ministries, departments and organizations as well as NDMA, MHA, NIDM, State Revenue and Disaster Management Department, SDMAs, DDMAs, SDRFs, QRTs, NDRF, ATIs, SIRDs, Police, Researchers, Academicians and other stakeholders working in this subject area.
Dr. Surya Parkash, Professor & Head
Phone: 011-23438293, Fax: 011-2343 8290
Dr. Harjeet Kaur, Young Professional
Phone: +91 7908035271